Thursday 17 March 2016

Local Chat

The elections are still open... so vote!

I have not blogged in a couple of days *cough* so here is something else I am pulling from my most fascinating and interesting campaign thread... campaign for the CSM elections, that is.

------------------------

I said:

"...Local chat could also be changed to provide less free "intel" to people. No need to announce to everyone who is in local... just the number of pilots..."

In my forum thread someone said:

"...Why do you feel the "free intel" doesn't hinder gankers more than it helps them?  Miners or haulers will usually be at predictable places (ice anom, ore anom, belts, transiting gates).  On the other hand a gank fleet can hide out at any spot off-grid, but is easily seen in local..."

Which I did not really understand, but I responded....

"...Good question.

An answer is:

Gank fleets will usually have members that have a negative sec status and will therefore be at predictable places (eg docked up to avoid faction police...) and only undocking to gank. Then they will undock and attack. There are many systems where there are more anomalies and belts than stations..."

--------------------------

One of the things I have noticed, this year more than last, is that there are most definitely more sides to every story / idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment